- Locations: Africa and China
- Colors: Gold, Blue-Black, Grey and Brown
- Name Origin: Named after Sid Pieters who first discovered it in 1962 in Nambia, Africa.
- History/Lore: Discovered in 1962 by Sid Pieters while prospecting some farmland in Nambia Africa. Chinese Pietersite is said to have been discovered in 1993 and exhibits slightly different patterns from that found in Africa.
- Properties: Pietersite is a powerful protection stone, especially against the elements. It also acts as a shield against technology, supportive and strengthening to help fight addictions, as well as boosts self-esteem when worn consistently.
- Hardness: 6.0 to 6.5
- Chemical Composition: (SiO2), Na2Fe4 (OH/Si4O11)2